Dental Anxiety Santa Cruz, CA
At Kevin J Daily DDS, we can perform dental work on patients that are struggling with dental anxiety. If you avoid the dentist due to fear of what a procedure may be like or simply do not enjoy dental work, give us a call. In our Santa Cruz, dental office, we can ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed, regardless of the dental procedure. When you visit our office, we will meet with you to discuss what treatments you need and create a plan for how to keep your mouth healthy while easing any fears that you have about dentistry in general. We will keep you informed about the entire process so that you can make decisions regarding dental care without experiencing any anxiety.
How can I ease my fears about dental care without medication?
When you visit our dental office, we can discuss ways that you can prevent experiencing anxiety while receiving dental care. Give us a call to go over any and all methods for dealing with dental anxiety that we can offer. In some cases, all a patient needs to do is play music on headphones during the appointment. In other cases, we may need medication or another method to deal with dental anxiety.
How can I prepare for my dentist appointment?
Another easy way to calm your fears is to visit our Santa Cruz dental office and meet with Kevin J Daily DDS prior to the actual appointment. Taking the time to tour our office, where you can sit in the dentist chair and have a conversation, will allow you to become familiar with our staff and office environment. After this meeting, when you do have your teeth cleaned, you are doing so in an atmosphere that you feel comfortable in with friendly and familiar faces. During your consultation, we can also discuss what you can expect from a teeth cleaning or a specific procedure. This will help you to mentally prepare for how long it will take, what dental tools we will use, what you may feel during the process and what the recovery period will be, if any. At Kevin J Daily DDS, we find that the more informed our patients are the more comfortable and relaxed they feel. This one appointment can help to alleviate the fear of dentists that you are experiencing.
Check out what others are saying about our dental anxiety support services on Yelp: Dental Anxiety Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Dental Anxiety
Are there other ways to make dental work more comfortable?
Yes. Laser dentistry is transforming how professionals complete dental procedures. When you visit our dental office, you can be confident that we will use the latest technology available to make your procedure more comfortable. Lasers allow us to do so because the laser energy is fine and can target small spaces without irritating the surrounding tissue. We can also reduce discomfort and the recovery time thanks to dental lasers. The dental lasers are also less invasive than traditional dental tools. With the dental laser, there will be less bleeding and swelling than normal. Dental lasers can also help treat tooth decay, gum disease, and has applications in restorative procedures. If you want a more comfortable experience and to reduce your dental anxiety, we highly recommend visiting a laser dentistry office. To learn about the procedures that we perform using lasers, call (831) 580-1141 and schedule an appointment. At Kevin J Daily DDS, we find that many of our patients no longer need sedation or pain medication because the common factors that create fear of dentists are eliminated. For example, the noise, heat, and vibration that is traditionally associated with the dental drill is not present when using lasers.
To learn more about new dental technology or how to reduce your dental anxiety, call and schedule an appointment with our Santa Cruz dentist office today.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. How can I prepare for my dentist appointment?
Q. Can I be asleep during the treatment?
People Also Ask
Q. Will reading reviews help me find a great dentist?
Q. What can I do to improve my smile?
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Anxiety
What Dentists Want You To Know About Dental Anxiety
Dental anxiety is fear that is almost as prevalent as the fear of snakes or the fear of heights. About four percent of American adults face the problem. The fear is so strong that there are people who avoid going to the dentist at all costs. But doing so can be very harmful to their…
There's No Reason To Avoid A Dental Visit
Dental anxiety can stop people from receiving the dental care they need, only making a situation worse.People who have dental anxiety will avoid visiting the dentist and increase the risk of infection. We can accommodate your needs to help deal with dental anxiety and provide you the necessary treatment.Dental AnxietyAt Kevin J Daily DDS in…
7 Things To Know About Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry is a common option for various levels of dental treatment in today's age. It can help with something as simple as teeth cleaning to something more serious, like a tooth extraction. Regardless for the reason, people are curious about sedation dentistry and have several questions.1. Sedation dentistry can ease anxietySedation dentistry is the…
Dental Local Anesthesia Frequently Asked Questions
Many people have concerns about local anesthesia, and for a good reason, it's not something that you use in your daily life. It is especially a concern for those who suffer from mild to severe dental anxiety. Local anesthesia is a tool that dentists employ during various dental procedures.The first thing that people might want…